Friday, June 27, 2014

Design Day at Fitztown

It's my turn to showcase something I created or designed for the latest challenge at Fitztown.

I created this lovely scallop circle card using the wonderful image FAE 37 which can be found here.

The challenge at Fitztown is a SHAPED CARD, so this is what I created.

I had a lot of fun colouring it up and think it makes a beautiful card on the scalloped card base.

I wanted to share with you how you can create a shaped card and have it STAND on it's own without ruining the integrity of the shape.  I learned this awhile back at an online card class I took.

1. cut two of your shapes out of cardstock
2. cut one of your shapes out of patterned or coloured paper and attach to one of the white bases
3. score the remaining base about 1/2 inch from the top (in a straight line)

4. add a strong adhesive to the scored portion only

5. carefully line your card up so that it is going to stand properly on a table (i.e. don't let the image be crooked or it will not stand properly)

Now your card is done and stands with the base backing of the card with the bend in, and your front image is intact.



I hope you enjoyed this little tip and will play along with us this week in our Shaped Card challenge.  

I look forward to seeing what you create.



3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it.
Sending big cyber hugs to you,
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin